Create a more gripping screenshot slideshow for the website.
completed by: aergus
mentors: Niels Sascha Reedijk, humdinger
The current screenshot tour at the website is a bit dull. We need some more exciting screenshots showing all the great features that sets Haiku appart.
When images or videos are part of a screenshot, they have to be under a compatible license, e.g. Creative Commons, or better, take your own images/videos.
Be prepared to create some "fake" files, e.g. for showing results of a query for Person files etc.
I suggest to use Haiku's default background to keep the file size down and not to distract from the shown feature.
Here are a few ideas on what could be shown:
- Haiku is ready for an international audience. [locale, keymap, time]
- Haiku comes with a slew of useful little applications, tools and preferences.
- WebPositive is a small and nimble modern browser.
- MediaPlayer takes care of your audio and video collection.
- Pervasive multithreading keeps the system responsive under heavy load.
- Up to 32 workspaces provide the room to spread out; each with its own resolution, color depth and background image.
- All applications share support for file formats through data translators.
- Vector icons resize beautifully.
- Replicants integrate one application into another, here the ActivityMonitor into Tracker's desktop.
- Drill down the file system hierarchy to open or to copy/move/link a file or folder.
- Metadata ("attributes") are editable in Tracker and are useful, among other things, to manage your emails or music collection.
- Queries use indexed attributes to quickly find their quarry. Results are updated live if a new file arrives that matches the search criteria. [email+find window]
- Drag & drop everywhere. [showimage clipout]
- The Deskbar keeps track of running programs and can be relocated to all corners or as a bar at the top or bottom.
Currently our screenshot module at the website doesn't allow for captions. As this may change in the future, it's a good idea to come up with a short and precise description for every shot.
The screenshot tour should be done using a current nightly image. As these don't contain the user guide and the browser Web+ by default, you can install them manually by typing in a Terminal window "installoptionalpackage Welcome WebPositive". For other available optional packages, use "installoptionalpackage -l".