Create a demo package - data files
completed by: aergus
We need media material when doing presentations. You just can't show off MediaPlayer or Clockwerk without video and audio clips, ShowImage without images and file management and queries and attributes without a lot of different data files.
This task is for the creation of a data package.
Everything you don't create yourself has to have a liberal license like Creative Commons that allows us to use it for demo purposes!
- 10 PDF in various sizes and a variety of topics. Not all computer centric.
- 10 RTF in various sizes and a variety of topics. Not all computer centric.
- 5 ZIP archives (small)
- 5 RAR archives (small)
- 5 TAR.GZ archives (small)
Keep a README file, listing all docs, their origin URL and license if you use files you didn't create yourself.
And Haiku specific files:
- 20 People files, with all attributes. I suggest using famous dead people like scientists (nobel laureats?), inventors, authors, artists, musicians, etc.
- 50 Email files (10 threads á 5 mails), with all attributes. This requires a bit of manual work with "addattr" in Terminal to fill the attributes. The actual mail contents can be the same dummy text or you could copy&paste random conversations found in some internet forum or something...
- 20 Bookmark files, with all attributes. Choose civil, interesting websites, not all computer centric.
It goes without saying, everything has to be in good taste, no sexist, racist or other controversial topics.