GPS Tracking Tutorial for Marble
completed by: Kush Kaushik
mentors: Dennis Nienhüser
Write a Marble tutorial on KDE Userbase that explains how to record a GPS track with Marble and share it with other people. The following steps should be covered:
- Enabling GPS in Marble on the N900
- Saving the track to a .kml file on the N900
- Viewing the .kml file in Marble on the Desktop
- Converting the .kml file to .gpx (using gpsbabel)
- Uploading the file to gpsies.com
The last part (uploading to gpsies.com) is just an example of sharing the data. It can be short; the emphasis of the tutorial should be on the other four parts.
The tutorial should contain screenshots to explain the various steps. To make things simpler for you, I'll provide a set of screenshots for the first three parts that you can use. Gpsbabel is a command line application, you don't need to create screenshots for it. You should do one or two screenshots for the last part by yourself.