Screencast KDevelop: Snippets
completed by: Gerard S
mentors: Milian Wolff
Setup on your side:
- Install KDevelop 4.1
- get acquainted with a screencast software. It should produce accessible videos (.ogg or similar a must - please not only flash!)
Now the actual workflow that should be shown in the screencast. Explanations should be done via typing in the text or alternatively by commenting it in English.
- start with a plain KDevelop instance, no projects or files need to be open
- show basic snippets that just insert plain text (TestSnippets ->testtemplate)
- show how to navigate between placeholders using TAB
- show "mirroring" in snippets (TestSnippets -> mirror*), show also mirrors with replacements, e.g. mirrorunderline example
- show scripted snippets (TestSnippets -> insertFilename*)
- show how to create/edit snippets, also show "create snippet from selection" action in context menu
- show how to script snippets
- show how to download and upload snippets vis KHNS
The produced screencast should not be longer than 25min, preferrably around 15min.
If you have any questions, contact me/us on #kdevelop on freenode IRC.