Screencast KDevelop: show how to setup a project and run and debug a target
completed by: goffrie
mentors: Milian Wolff
Setup on your side:
- Install KDevelop 4.1
- get acquainted with a screencast software. It should produce accessible videos (.ogg or similar a must - please not only flash!)
Now the actual workflow that should be shown in the screencast. Explanations should be done via typing in the text or alternatively by commenting it in English.
- start with a plain KDevelop instance without any loaded projects
- open a new project, via: new from template -> c++ -> KDE -> KDE 4 Gui Application
- configure a launch config:
- run -> configure launches
- select project
- create new launch
- select project target
- add build dependency
- execute launch
- set breakpoint
- execute debug launch
The produced screencast should not be longer than 30min, preferrably around 15min.
If you have any questions, contact me/us on #kdevelop on freenode IRC.