Romanian GUI Translation for Kate
completed by: AlexMetalhead
mentors: Diana Tiriplica
Kate is a text editor for KDE.
According to KDE Localization Stats, Kate still needs improvement in the translation process.
There are several basic steps which you have to follow in order to successfully complete this task(no technical skills are required):
- Subscribe to the email@example.com and read the general information (in Romanian) from http://www.ro.kde.org/
- Install Lokalize, following the instructions from here
- Download the kate.po, katesql.pot and katekonsoleplugin.po from here
- Configure Lokalize before you start translating:
- Settings -> Configure Lokalize (your name, your email, default language (ro), mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org)
- When you open the .po file, please go to Project -> Configure Project (id: name of the file, target language: ro, ml: email@example.com) and under the personal tab please select role: translator.
- Claim the task and write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform everyone that you are working on it
- Open the files with Lokalize and translate them
- Please leave all your work with the Status: Needs Review
Send us by e-mail the saved translated files and make sure you don't forget to add your name as contributor (the string "Your email" and "Your name" should not be translated, they should hold your contact details).
If you get stuck, ask for help by e-mail (email@example.com) or on the public channel #kde-i18n.