Russian GUI translation for choqoK
completed by: Max Vorobuov
mentors: Alexander Potashev
choqoK is a microblogging client for KDE.
1. Your first task is to import this translation from LaunchPad (https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+source/choqok/+pots/choqok/ru). It is possible to import it from LaunchPad in PO (Gettext) format. This translation update looks good: https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+source/choqok/+pots/choqok/ru/+filter?person=serg-sedov, except some mistakes listed here.
See also the discussion in the Russian KDE team mailing list.
2. Convert the translation file for using 4 plural forms. See this manual.
3. Fix the mistakes. You can also use http://l10n.kde.ru/ to search for translation mistakes (select the .po file and click "Submit", then click "more..." link for your file to see the list of mistakes).
4. Complete the translation (the translation in LaunchPad is not 100% completed).
What you should know
- Read and remember Russian KDE team localization guidelines (in Russian),
- Note that most often asked questions are already answered in the concise handbook on translation of KDE (in Russian) by Russian KDE team,
- The best place to ask any questions on KDE Russian localization is our mailing list (see below).
- Always upload your work on the task page (here), do not use file hosting services for that.
- KDE russian translation mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
It's recommended to subscribe to the mailing list. After you send your first e-mail to the mailing list, please, check if your message has been delivered by finding it in the mailing list archives.
- Mentor: Alexander Potashev <email@example.com>
Send me an e-mail if you have problems with posting to the mailing list or any other problems that are not suitable for discussion in the mailing list.