Group question types and show preview at question edit
completed by: Kshitij
mentors: Carsten Schmitz
1. Problem Description
When adding a new question in Limesurvey you are presented a list of available question types which is sorted alphabetically. The sorting doesn't make much sense, it would be far better to have the questions grouped by type. Also showing a preview image in some way maybe along with a more detailed explanation while the user is chosing a question type will also help to find the best question type.
2. Task List
- Group available question types (like it is done for example in the survey select box with surveys: active, expired, inactive) at the drop down
- Find a great way to show one or more preview images for the actual question type while the user is selecting (maybe hovering) the question type - it should be intuitive and fun. Feel free to use jQuery (UI) /Ajax if needed.
3. Task Steps
- Have a look at the available question types
- Make a suggestion on how to group questions and how you think the question type selection could be enhanced and ask your mentor for feedback.
- Once you have agreed on a certain grouping, edit the code so the drop down shows the questions grouped
- For each question type, create a very small sample question in Limesurvey and make a screenshot
- Show the preview images and code to your mentor and ask for feedback
Time Frame: 96 hours
Mentor: Carsten Schmitz (German/English)