Training: Create a video tutorial for creating a new survey from scratch
completed by: jburns20
mentors: Machaven, Carsten Schmitz
1. Problem Description
There are several videos around explaining how to create a survey with LimeSurvey. Unfortunately most of the are pretty outdated and old. We would like to have a kick-all video tutorial explaining how to create a survey that immediately will hook up people.
The Video should include:
- Creation of a survey, with an easy explanation of the concept behind it (Survey->Question groups->Questions)
- Creating the survey, explaining the most important settings
- Creating question groups and questions plus answers
- Showing off a number of question types
- Showing off how a simple condition is created.
- Activating the survey
It will be best to record each video section separately and then join the video at the end. Your will need to create a script for your video which includes all the steps you will be showing in your video and the dialog associated with each step.
2. Task Steps
- Create a script with dialog to explain what will be done in the video from start to end.
- Submit your video script to your mentor for review.
- Record/Produce each section for your video tutorial.
- Submit each video to your mentor for review.
- Merge your video sections into an xvid avi with mp3 audio.
- Submit your video to your mentor.
Note: An installed copy of limesurvey can be made available online for your task.
Time Frame: 96 Hours
Skills: Screen Recording, Video and Sound Editing