Doc: Write a tutorial how to edit, translate and add wiki pages
completed by: Fernando Brito
mentors: Machaven, Carsten Schmitz
1. Problem Description
The idea of a wiki is that everybody can edit it and correct typos, add further instructions or extend texts. Unfortunately not everybody is familiar with the process of adding new pages or translations and this process differs for differnt wiki types. We therefore need a nice overview on how to handle this for the tiki wiki system. Each action should be described step-by-step and you should make sue of screenshots.
This should include:
- Showing how to edit an existing wiki page.
- Listing the most important syntax elements like bold/italic text, ordered/unordered lists, internal/external links, embedd images.
- Demonstrating how to translate an existing page to a different language.
- Outlining how to add new wiki pages to the existing manual.
2. Task Steps
- Search the web for the tiki wiki documentation, it must exist somewhere out there :-)
- Get a nice snipping tool (there is one at windows 7) to create screenshots.
- Get familiar with editing our tiki wiki manual.
- Start working on the tasks above.
- Get in touch with your mentor whenever there are problems.
- Once you are done, ask a friend to try to complete the tasks above using your documentation. Overwork your tutorial according to his/her feedback.
Time Frame: 72 Hours
Skills: Wiki editing, Limesurvey