redesign theme footer area and related code
completed by: Julian Brost
mentors: Alexander Schremmer, ReimarBauer, Thomas Waldmann, Ronny Pfannschmidt
The current footer area has multiple issues and needs redesign on the theme / presentation level as well as in the code responsible for preparing the data shown there.
Footer area presentation has these issues:
moin-pagebottom looks bad and misplaced (remove the display: none to see), because it visually interrupts the slightly coloured content background and the coloured footer editbar
- this info should be in the footer area where the credits are, above them.
- some stuff is centered, but maybe it would be better to just align left, modify css as needed
- maybe this footer area could be similarly simple as the mediawiki.org one?
Footer area data preparation / passing / configuration:
- stuff in moin-pagebottom is just a few bits from current revision metadata formatted in a nice way - can we generalize this? do we want?
- how to customize credits line best? configuration? template?
WikiLicense / Terms stuff could also live there in the footer.
- Additional optional lines (for what?)
Think about a good, flexible and simple way to handle all this before coding. Discuss your ideas with the moin devs on #moin-dev IRC channel or on the wiki.
Note: please keep the custom HTML (e.g. 'html_before_header', 'html_after_header', 'html_before_footer', 'html_after_footer') for compatibility reasons for now.
Looks better, more flexible, less code maybe?
You can discuss this issue in the MoinMoin wiki: http://moinmo.in/EasyToDo/redesign%20theme%20footer