Translation - check if code / templates are prepared for it
completed by: kennym
mentors: Alexander Schremmer, ReimarBauer, Thomas Waldmann, Ronny Pfannschmidt
Check all translatable strings in all code and templates and improve them:
- must use good placeholder names (e.g. "%(name)s", not just "%s")
- ALL translatable strings are marked as such
- all translatable string must use NEWSTYLE gettext
- is ngettext used where appropriate?
- English orthography / grammar / translation OK?
Templates see there: http://jinja.pocoo.org/extensions/#newstyle-gettext
Code see there: http://packages.python.org/Flask-Babel/#using-translations
You must deliver a patch with all your changes.
Your English skills should be equivalent to a native speaker with good language, grammar and orthography skills.
You will have to deal with Python code and Jinja2 templates, but you don't really need to do CODING, but just thoroughly apply some simple patterns (see docs linked from Details section).
You can discuss this issue in the MoinMoin wiki: http://moinmo.in/EasyToDo/Translation%20-%20check%20if%20code%20and%20templates%20are%20prepared%20for%20it