Translation of moin2 to German (1/2)
completed by: gh_ju
mentors: Alexander Schremmer, ReimarBauer, Thomas Waldmann, Ronny Pfannschmidt
This is the first (and more difficult) of two german translation tasks, because it mostly about finding out how the translation system and its tools work, documenting that for other translators and only a little bit of real translation.
You have to:
- find out how the translation system works
- if something does not work, fix it
- if something is not easy enough, make it easier
write/update docs for translators - docs/devel/translate.rst
- include some short section for developers about how to use newstyle gettext and ngettext
- you have to translate 10% of the original strings of moin2 from English to German ("de") - this is mostly a "proof of concept", showing stuff works
- required skills: english,german,babel, gettext,bit of python,rst
Deliverable: a patch.
Note: please don't ask us whether we want other translations, we currently do not want them, it is still too early. We just want 1 translation and it needs to be German because that is what many moin developers can maintain themselves.
This task is about testing translation infrastructure and documenting its use, so later translators will have it easier.
See tags, you also need to deal with python code and jinj2 templates, but you do not need to write code or templates.
You can discuss this issue in the MoinMoin wiki: http://moinmo.in/EasyToDo/Translation%20of%20moin2%20to%20German