screencast of making and applying a patch
completed by: Shea Barton
mentors: Alexander Schremmer, ReimarBauer, Thomas Waldmann, Ronny Pfannschmidt
Create a screencast of making a patch for / applying a patch to moinmoin.
The screencast should be at least 4 min.
Use a release version of moin for this task (e.g. 1.9.3).
- explain how to create a patch file
- explain how to reasonably choose a filename for it
- explain how to apply a patch file
- explain what to do if it doesn't apply cleanly:
- dealing with rejects
- recreating a patch file that does apply cleanly
- explain option --dry-run
Deliverable: a screencast in .ogv (Ogg Vorbis Video) format
See tags. We expect good spoken English and a clear pronounciation. [IMAGE http://www.google-melange.com/moin_static193/modernized/img/smile.png]
You can discuss this issue in the MoinMoin wiki: http://moinmo.in/EasyToDo/screencast%20of%20making%20a%20patch