Create User Examples for NumMatrix2D
completed by: Fernando Brito
Task description: Consists of:
- Code examples are an important part of any documentation for software users. Parrot-Linear-Algebra (PLA) has several pages of documentation for it's developers, but little documentation for it's users. Creating code examples is the first step in creating comprehensive user documentation for PLA.
- Examples are needed for complex operations not covered by existing methods.
- Some good code examples that would be: Calculate determinants of 2x2 and 3x3 matrices, create identity matrices, dot and cross products of two vectors, calculating the norm of a matrix, calculating the trace of a matrix, etc.
- The student is expected to write at least 5 good code examples, with accompanying documentation/descriptions for use in user documentation.
- Code examples can be written in any language which runs on Parrot (PIR, NQP, Winxed, Rakudo Perl 6, etc)
Benefits: PLA will benefit strongly from the addition of more user documentation, especially code examples. These code examples will be displayed on a public website for users to read, and will help new users to get started with PLA much more quickly.
Requirements: Knowledge of programming (no specific languages), Linear algebra, access to a Linux system