Battle for Wesnoth Trailer - 1.9.x
completed by: jburns20
You will need to create a new Battle for Wesnoth Trailer that presents the new 1.9.x features.
You should have some of the following features presented in your video:
- Dead Water new campaign excerpts
- Animated water
- New terrain graphics
- New Main menu
- New portraits
If you feel for it, you can search for more features (that are player noticeable) in the forums, and the player changelog:
Requirements (expected technical knowledge):
The ability to record your desktop and process the video, so it will look good in the end. You will need to know how to use Screen Recording software, Video Editing software and maybe Video encoding software, to save the video in HD format.
Expected time for completion:
Depending on the proficiency, it will take 2 up to 4 days. You will only upload the videos on youtube, after you are told so (that is, the mentor is ok with the video)
- Final video encoded in normal (480p) and HD format(780p, optionally 1080p)
- Video uploaded on youtube. (You will be provided with wesnoth's channel username and password)
- If the video doesn't have annotations in itself, you are required to add them using YouTube's annotations feature.
- You can check the previous trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYuU2x1oxUY - That was 4 years ago, and Battle for Wesnoth has evolved much since then.
- You can check also Wesnoth's trailer wiki section: http://wiki.wesnoth.org/Trailer
- Video editing software:
- YouTube help for making/editing/uploading videos: http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/topic.py?topic=16547
- If the video involves music/sounds you can use Wesnoth's sounds or music, that are found in: data/core/sounds and data/core/music of the wesnoth installation directory.
- You will need a rather good computer to do the recording/encoding.
If you have any questions/problems, please come over by our wesnoth channel: #wesnoth-dev on irc.freenode.net, or if you don't have an irc client, you can go to: webchat.freenode.net, and enter the #wesnoth-dev channel.
Timotei's irc nickname is: timotei/timotei21