Implement 'make_sheet_id' as an Object Viewer plugin
completed by: Valery Kharitonov
mentors: Matt Raykowski
The Object Viewer Qt tool (code/nel/tools/3d/object_viewer_qt) has a plugin system. This task is to use that plugin system to add the following functionality:
- A 'Tool' menu that executes the code equivalent of make_sheet_id (code/nel/tools/misc/make_sheet_id)
- Instead of executing the command line tool the same logic should be applied but using variables, see below.
- For the time being the "-e" argument can be ignored.
- The "-k" functionality should be togglable via checkbox.
- A configuration panel (preferably part of the primary configuration) that allows you to change the following variables:
- SheetPaths (array of strings)
- SheetOutputFile (string)
- ExtensionsAllowed (array of strings)
- Config file should be plugin specific (e.g. ovqt_sheet_builder.cfg) and thus loaded by the plugin.
The new plugin should be located in either:
- code/nel/tools/misc/ovqt_sheet_builder (preference)
- code/nel/tools/3d/object_viewer_qt/src/plugins/ovqt_sheet_builder (easiest)
An example plugin exists in code/nel/tools/3d/object_viewer_qt/src/plugins/example/
Very basic knowledge of CMake is requried but can be helped with easily.
For more information on getting started see:
Building on Windows: http://dev.ryzom.com/wiki/ryzom/BuildForWindowsCmake
Building on Linux: http://dev.ryzom.com/wiki/ryzom/BuildForLinuxCmake
Language: C++, CMake (build environment)
IRC: #ryzom on irc.freenode.net
For further questions contact Matt Raykowski (sfb on FreeNode IRC)