Review and complete the Belarusian translation for Haiku core modules. (A-Z).
completed by: Aliya
mentors: Siarhei Zharski
Complete the translations of Haiku core applications and add-ons to Belarusian. You can find them here: http://i18n.haiku-os.org/pootle/be
Note that for this translation task it is good to have good knowledge of the terminology in Belarusian language.
Please do the following:
- Take the task.
- Then register at http://i18n.haiku-os.org/pootle/.
- Then you will be able to start making suggestions. You only have to do the translations for Belarusian.
- Take attention on all modules (from A to Z), containing untranslated strings.
- After completion the language manager will review your translations and in some cases suggest areas of improvement.
- It is good to have a look at the suggestions that Pootle gives you, but make sure that the translation also fits in with the style around it.
- It is advisable to have Haiku running, either in a virtual machine or on real hardware, so that you can have a look at the context of the translation.
- Take your time.
- During translation, code-specific things like \n, or things prefixed with a % like %s, need to be copied one on one. Also be aware of trailing spaces and do not add "raw" line feeds.