(Dutch informal ) Web application translation: Translate 300 strings from English to Dutch informal
completed by: Lucas
mentors: Carsten Schmitz (c_schmitz)
The upcoming Limesurvey 2.0 version will contain some great new features but the application translation is not up to date.
- Go to our translation status page for version 2 and download the particular .po file for this task language.
- Download and install poEDIT[IMAGE http://docs.limesurvey.org/img/icons/external_link.gif]
- Open the .po file with poEdit.
- Now edit the file. Every time you save the file not only the po.file will be saved , but also a .mo file will be saved. The .mo file is the compiled file that LimeSurvey is using and reading from.
- The yellowish marked items are 'unclear' translations and you should check/correct these first. Remember that it is better to have no translation than a wrong one!
- Translate at least 400 strings (please note that checking fuzzy ones and marking them as valid is translating, too). Do not use automated machine translation because that is cheating and usually of very bad quality. We will check your translation. If we find out you cheated by using machine translation we will make sure that you will be disqualified for the contest.
- Please submit the updated translation and wait for review.