Code: Add drag and drop feature to ranking question
completed by: Nano8Blazex
mentors: Carsten Schmitz (c_schmitz)
Limesurvey contains a "ranking" question type (see http://docs.limesurvey.org/Question+type+-+Ranking&structure=English+Instructions+for+LimeSurvey)[IMAGE http://docs.limesurvey.org/img/icons/external_link.gif] which isn't very user friendly when it comes to sorting and it also causes problems when being used by screen readers. Nowadays there are better interfaces for such question types so switching to a drag and drop version is the goal of this coding task.
There is already a workaround and a demo version[IMAGE http://docs.limesurvey.org/img/icons/external_link.gif] available so what has to be done is porting the code to create a more generic solution and embedding the CSS for the available shipped templates.
- Install LimeSurvey - create a test survey with ranking question types and different question attributes
- Have a look at the question type within the survey to see what could be improved.
- Check the workaround linked above and the demo survey to see where we would like to go to.
- Implement a generic solution to make the ranking question type a little nicer (no DB changes required).
- Discuss the patch with your mentor and ask for feedback.
- Check-in your changes into the limesurvey svn trunk.