make a simple, pretty subitems theme widget (show)
completed by: qxcv
mentors: Bastian Blank, Reimar Bauer, Prashant Kumar, Thomas Waldmann, Eugene Syromyatnikov
We currently have a separate and rather complex "index" view. One needs to click on "index" to see it.
For the normal "show" view, it would be useful to have a subitems panel that is permanently visible (e.g. in a sidebar). The panel for show view should just show a flat list of subitem links (flat index).
- implement a theme widget that shows a flat list of subitems (see existing code of index view)
- integrate your widget into show view
- chose some style (check existing css) to make it look pretty
- think about code/template reusability - we will need something similar for modify view later
- work closely together with moin devs, demonstrate and discuss stuff regularly
See tags. A bit of jinja2 templating needed to modify existing templates and implement the widget (as a j2 macro?).
You can discuss this issue in the MoinMoin wiki: http://moinmo.in/EasyToDo/make%20subitems%20theme%20widget%20%28show%29