cooperation of sphinx and moin2
completed by: qxcv
mentors: Bastian Blank, Reimar Bauer, Thomas Waldmann, Prashant Kumar, Eugene Syromyatnikov
How can sphinx and moin wiki cooperate? work flow, data flow, how to implement?
Currently we write all documentation in our repository as rst files (see docs/ directory).
We also want to use the moin2 wiki to create wiki items for documentation which can be used by sphinx.
The task is about finding a way how this cooperation can be gracefully achieved.
You have to consider:
- moin docs for users, for developers, for admins
- how can we show documentation on the wiki?
- how can we modify/extend documentation on the wiki?
- how can we deal with documentation for different moin releases?
- how can we show changes between releases?
- differences between moin2 rst converter and sphinx capabilities.
You'll have to do a lot of thinking, researching and experimentation with rst and sphinx.
Deliverables: wiki page with a rather precise plan for work flow, data flow, how to implement
Note: unless otherwise noted, tasks usually refer to moin2 (http://moinmo.in/MoinMoin2.0)!
http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.9 - repository of moin 1.9
http://moimo.in/MoinMoinChat - please join us on IRC #moin-dev
You can discuss this issue in the MoinMoin wiki: http://moinmo.in/EasyToDo/cooperation%20sphinx%20and%20moin2