find a bug, fix a bug (easy) 6/9
completed by: qxcv
mentors: Bastian Blank, Reimar Bauer, Thomas Waldmann, Prashant Kumar, Eugene Syromyatnikov
Find a bug, add a unit test, see unit test failing, fix the bug, see unit test succeeding, close the issue.
Note: difficulty depends on the bug you want to fix - we have tasks for all difficulty levels and you need to claim the right task. if you are unsure about the difficulty level of the issue you want to fix, talk to the moin developers, they can help you with classification before you claim.
For moin 2 see:
you can also just run the unit tests using py.test -rs and see whether there are failing or skipped tests (if a test is skipped, it might be because it has too many issues)
- you can also just practically use moin2 to find bugs
For moin 1.9 see the bugs on the wiki.
How to do it:
- find something you could fix
- talk about it with the moin developers (some bug reports might be bogus or will be fixed by moin2) to estimate its difficulty
- research whether it happens with current moin (only these bugs qualify, if it doesn't happen any more, make sure bug report is/gets closed!)
- claim a bug fix task of this difficulty level
- in your claim, precisely refer to the issue you want to fix (use a link to issue tracker or give a description of the issue)
- determine the problem
- if you can write a unit test for the issue, do that and see the unit test failing.
- fix the issue, see the unit test succeeding.
- close the issue, submit your patch or changeset.
Deliverable: patch or changeset, updated/closed issue or wiki page
See tags. Depending on the bug, misc. skills might be required.
You can discuss this issue in the MoinMoin wiki: http://moinmo.in/EasyToDo/find%20a%20bug%2C%20fix%20a%20bug%20%28easy%29
This issue is available multiple times. This one is 6 of 9.