Screenshots for OI Countdown
completed by: Slavi Sotirov
mentors: Peli, Friedger Müffke, aap, Randy McEoin, Manuel R. Ciosici
The task is to create screenshots for OI Countdown. These screenshots will be included in the OI Countdown web page and in the OI Countdown Market description. Screenshots should show various aspects of the application (multiple countdowns, labels for egg timer, laundry timer, cooking timer, ...). Use menu to showcase all options (e.g. set date). Examples in the screenshots should be generally accessible and internationally acceptable.
Screenshot dimensions should be 480x800 pixels, in portrait format (unless a feature requires landscape format), and based on the latest Android SDK emulator. File names should be labelled with application name and number and must not contain white spaces or special characters, e.g. OICountdown01.png, OICountdown02.png, .. For each screenshot there should be a short explanation in the readme.txt file suitable for end users. E.g. "OICountdown01.png: Long-press an item to open the context menu." - Screenshot shows open context menu.
Your solution should consist of a ZIP file including the screenshots and a readme.txt file which includes descriptions. If you don't have it yet, you first need to download and install the Android SDK (instructions). Get the latest apk files and install them using adb install from the command line. Use DDMS to take screenshots from the latest Android emulator.
- Difficulty: easy
- Time limit: 14 days
- Prerequisites: Download the Android SDK (instructions)
- Requirements for completed entry:
- Send in a zip file with screenshots and a readme.txt file.
- There should be at least 8 screenshots.
- Screenshots must be based on the latest Android SDK emulator.
- The screenshot size must be 480x800 pixels (mobile phone, portrait mode) in png format.
- For each screenshot, there must be a short comment in readme.txt for the end user on what is shown.