Port _is_small_prime from Perl 5 to Winxed
completed by: Nagato Yuki
mentors: Duke Leto, Tadeusz Sośnierz, Andrew Whitworth
Port _is_small_prime from the Perl 5 CPAN module Math::Primality to Winxed
Steps To Complete This Task
- Create a fork of parrot-math-primality.git on github.com
- This project will build on the parrot-gmp project
- Convert the function _is_small_prime from Perl 5 to Winxed. The function name should be is_small_prime in Winxed. It should expect that it will be passed a parrot-gmp object. It is basically just a lookup table optimization used to make other algorithms faster.
- Port the tests from Math::Primality to Winxed as well
- Create a Github pull request (button on the upper right of your fork) to have your changes incorporated into the master repository
- All HLLs on Parrot will be able to use these primality functions, which provide the basic primitives needed to implement various cryptography libraries.
- Knowledge of prime numbers, Winxed, Perl 5