Port --runtime-prefix option to Winxed
completed by: Pawel Nowak
mentors: Andrew Whitworth
In frontend/parrot2/main.c there is a TODO note about handling of the --runtime-prefix commandline option. We want to move handling of it from frontend/parrot2/main.c to frontend/parrot2/prt0.winxed.
Steps To Complete This Task
- Create a fork of parrot.git on github.com
- Remove processing of the --runtime-prefix option from frontend/parrot2/main.c. Instead, add the option to the list of Parrot arguments (pargs).
- Add logic to handle the option to frontend/parrot2/prt0.winxed. For how to do this, see the interpinfo_s_i opcode, and the function interpinfo_s in src/interp/inter_misc.c. Ask for one of the parrot developers if you need help using this opcode from Winxed.
- Build Parrot and run all tests. Demonstrate that the --runtime-prefix option still functions as normal.
- Create a Github pull request (button on the upper right of your fork) to have your changes incorporated into the master repository
- Parsing arguments in Winxed is easier and actually may have better performance in some cases than handling options from C. Less C code is always good, and winxed code is easier to maintain.
- C Programming Language