StyledEdit - Add function to reload a document (ticket #6887)
completed by: Vlad Slepukhin
mentors: Philippe Saint-Pierre, Richie Nyhus, Diver, Siarzhuk Zharski, Eugene Katashov
The goal of this task is the implementing correct solution for features required in Haiku Trac as ticket #6887. This is a coding task, for this task you will need to have a Haiku build environment setup, and be able to compile either Haiku or standalone StyledEdit project to fix the problem and check if your solution works. The basic knowledge of GIT SCM is also needed.
- Install Haiku either on real hardware or in Virtual Machine (BTW, I can assist installing VirtualBox so it is obviously recommended by me);
- Take familiar with the problem you should fix;
- Get either the Haiku source tree or standalone StyledEdit project sources build it and find solution to fix the problem;
- Note that fix should include "Reload with encodings" feature requested in latest comments. Node monitoring is also should be implemented;
- After completing this task, please provide us with the git-formatted patch of implemented features.
Haiku Alpha A4.1 (required developer tools are included) http://www.haiku-os.org/get-haiku
Ticket "Add function to reload a document" http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/6887
Standalone StyledEdit project at gitorious.org: https://gitorious.org/gci2012/stylededit
Getting and building Haiku sources: http://www.haiku-os.org/guides/building
Varios Haiku development resources: http://www.haiku-os.org/development
Haiku Coding Guidelines: https://www.haiku-os.org/development/coding-guidelines