StyledEdit - Implement "Export in other format" function using Haiku data translators
completed by: Przemysław Buczkowski
mentors: Eugene Katashov, Gerasim Troeglazov, Siarzhuk Zharski
The goal of this task is the implementing "Export" feature using Haiku data translators functionality in Haiku StyledEdit application. This is a coding task, for this task you will need to have a Haiku build environment setup, and be able to compile either Haiku or standalone StyledEdit project to implement the feature and check if your solution works. The basic knowledge of GIT SCM is also needed.
- Install Haiku either on real hardware or in Virtual Machine (BTW, I can assist installing VirtualBox so it is obviously recommended by me);
- Take familiar with the Haiku Data Translators and Translation Kit features;
- Get either the Haiku source tree or standlanoe StyledEdit project sources build it and implement possibility to export document using any available on the system Data Translator for text output streams;
- Proposed design is some kind the same as current implementation of "Encoding" selection in the Save As.. File Panel. But if you have more clean solution - feel free to propose it!
- Note that currently Haiku has no native Data Translators with text stream output support so you have to use some provided with free available Gode Productive update. We have prepared a package containing some of them. You should install them into ~/config/settings/add-ons/translators folder in your system. Download link is below;
- After completing this task, please provide us with the git-formatted patch implementing your fix.
Haiku Alpha A4.1 (required developer tools are included) http://www.haiku-os.org/get-haiku
BeBook::SystemOverview::The Translation kit:http://www.haiku-os.org/legacy-docs/bebook/TheTranslationKit_Overview.html
BeBook::Classes And Methods::The Translation kit:http://www.haiku-os.org/legacy-docs/bebook/TheTranslationKit.html
Some BeOS Data translators: http://siarzhuk.dyndns.org/gobetrans.zip
Standalone StyledEdit project at gitorious.org: https://gitorious.org/gci2012/stylededit
Getting and building Haiku sources: http://www.haiku-os.org/guides/building
Varios Haiku development resources: http://www.haiku-os.org/development
Haiku Coding Guidelines: https://www.haiku-os.org/development/coding-guidelines