Extend Resource Edit program to handle importing, exporting and editing of Haiku resource files (Part 2)
completed by: Tri-Edge AI
mentors: Philippe Saint-Pierre, Jérôme Duval, mmu_man, Siarzhuk Zharski, Philippe Houdoin
Work on a Resource Editor for Haiku has been done on a previous task. This task is to continue that work, adding several (8 or more?) of the items from this TODO list:
- Editing of resource data via dialogs (or opening other programs for complex types like Icon-O-Matic for hvif resources or WonderBrush for images, etc)
- Editing of resource info
- Support for rdef files (not sure if this one should be export/import via rsrc only or full direct rdef save/load support, which would take a ton of time, but imho would be way cooler)
- Displaying thumbnails for images in the CLV
- Undo/Redo functionality
- Copy/Paste functionality
- Other formats?
- Creating/editing custom types and constants (rdef spec has this afaik), but if the rdef support would be implemented through rsrc decompilation, this one doesn't belong here
- Improve code design at the toString part
- Merge functionality
- Maybe a settings menu? Although there are not many things that I think can be added there
- A check whether the file has unsaved modifications upon closing
- Statistical info somewhere (total size, total resource count, etc)
The previous task is here, start from the attached patch "resourceedit-part1-6.patch":
Be sure to follow the Haiku Coding Guidelines as discussed in the comments on the part1 task.
This is a CODING task.