KDE Edu (Rocs): Simplify and Extend Value Modifier
completed by: Andromeda Galaxy
mentors: Andreas Cord-Landwehr
Rocs is a Graph Theory IDE for everybody interested in designing and analyzing graph algorithms. (For more information please refer to the Rocs handbook or the website). In this task, two example algorithms shall be implemented for demonstrating Rocs.
The Task: Look at the class ValueModifier that allows the GUI and scripting engine to easily set the values of a set of elements by a specific pattern (enumerate elements, assign random values, etc.). Currently, the class implementation handles data elements and data connections separately, which results in duplicated code. In this task you should replace duplicated functionality by providing a more general interface that accepts arbitrary QLists. The subtasks are:
- combine the duplicated code
- extend the value modifier to assign also strings of the types
- fixed string combined with one of the other value modifiers (e.g., name1, name2...)
- enumeration by characters (e.g., a, b, c...)
- test that your code compiles
- test that all unit tests pass
Additional Information: Please use the current Rocs version from GIT master. For details how to obtain this, see http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/Rocs.