Marble: Further improve the Flickr photo plugin
completed by: Mohammed Nafees
mentors: Torsten Rahn, René Küttner, Dennis Nienhüser
We want the flickr photos to look nicer:
- Currently the photos displayed are rectangles in landscape or portrait. We want them to become uniform squares with a configurable size
- Some photos have custom photoframes. We want to have our own photoframe for all the photos instead.
So the following actions need to be taken in this task and should replace the current black "wireframe" frame:
- We want 50x50 pixel Thumbnails: This should ideally be done via the flickr - thumbnail access API and FrameGraphicsItem API. Implement this so that the square size can be made easily configurable later on.
- Create a white 2-pixel border around the photo instead of the current black 1-pixel border. This should be done via the FrameGraphicsItem::setBorderBrush() API that is currently being used for the image.
- Add support for the FrameType "ShadowFrame" inside the FrameGraphicsItem (which is used by PhotoPluginItem for the thumbnail "m_image" ). This should be done via the usage of qDrawBorderPixmap and http://devel-home.kde.org/~tackat/shadowframe.png . The shadow would only be rendered in addition to the (in this case white) border whenever the FrameType is "ShadowFrame". In order to provide for this you need to extend the FrameType by the value "ShadowFrame".