Parsing of cyclestreets.net route replies in Marble
completed by: Mikhail Ivchenko
mentors: Torsten Rahn, Dennis Nienhüser
Marble is a virtual globe and world atlas — your Swiss army knife for maps. Find your way and explore the world!
We'd like to integrate cyclestreets.net as a routing backend in Marble.
- Start with Marble development sources and the patch from https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/114399/
- Have a look at the API at http://www.cyclestreets.net/api/journey/
- Parse the route result in CycleStreetsRunner::retrieveData() (and possibly newly created methods) and create a GeoDataDocument from it with all the information Marble needs (see other routing plugins). This will mostly be the cs:route tag to create the linestring for the overall route, and the cs:segment tags to create turn-by-turn instructions.
- Verify that calculated routes are correctly displayed by Marble (shown in the map and turn-by-turn instructions shown for each turn point) and also correctly saved and restored when restarting Marble
- The easiest way to reach Marble developers to help you is to visit the #marble IRC channel in freenode. Watch out for Earthwings