Marble: Check portability of the tutorial 8. (online services) to Python
completed by: Benjamin Kaiser
mentors: Torsten Rahn, Dennis Nienhüser
There is some nice documentation available for programming with Marble and C++.
We wonder whether it's possible to do the same kind of stuff using Python.
If so, we would like to offer the same kind of tutorial for Python.
This task is about providing the same tutorial as above as python tutorials. So this task includes:
- Checking whether there is also a way in Python to create OnlineService plugins
- If there are obstacles document them and point out what needs to be changed in Marble's code to make it possible to create OnlineServices in Python
- If there are no obstacles just port over the documentation to Python.
- Adapting API references
- Adapting example code
- adaoting build instructions
- adapting the screenshot
- adapting the instructions
- bugs of the python bindings should get filed as a bugreport (e.g. here: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=322573). Otherwise the bug should be worked around or noted as part of the documentation effort.
- All chapters should be properly referenced in http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble#With_Python
The wiki pages should be created here:http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/MarblePythonOnlineServices
See marble/docs/bindings/python/html/allclasses.html inside the source code for an API reference for python :)