Configuration widget for CycleStreet routing
completed by: Mikhail Ivchenko
mentors: Torsten Rahn, Dennis Nienhüser
Marble is a virtual globe and world atlas — your Swiss army knife for maps. Find your way and explore the world!
We'd like to integrate cyclestreets.net as a routing backend in Marble.
- Have a look at the API at http://www.cyclestreets.net/api/journey/
- Create a configuration widget for the cyclestreets plugin that allows changing the following parameters:
- plan, in the user interface a label "Route type:" and a combobox with the values of the plan attribute. Default should be "balanced" as recommended by CycleStreets.
- speed, another combox with the values "slow (16 km/h)", "normal (20 km/h)" and "fast (24 km/h)". Ideally the speed values shown in the combobox respect Marble's units settings (i.e. prints 10/12/15 miles when miles are selected by the user)
- Make sure the values selected by the user are correctly saved and restored when restarting Marble
- Integrate the selected values in API calls and test that they're respected by testing a couple of routes (test that the speed setting has an effect by temporarily printing the "time" attribute of the returned route to the shell)