Add "View Size" to Marble
completed by: Mikhail Ivchenko
mentors: Torsten Rahn, René Küttner, Dennis Nienhüser
The marble-qt binary already allows to capture movies.
However for good movies the resolution of the view should fit standards. Also for large printings it might be beneficial to allow for huge window geometries. So:
- for the KDE and Qt version of Marble a new menu entry should be introduced in the "Settings" menu right above "Full Screen Mode". The menu entry should be called "View Size".
- There should be a separator line before the "View Size" menu item
- Clicking on the "View Size" menu should result in a submenu to pop up.
- The submenu should contain the following eleven entries (with the strings taken verbatim like mentioned here):
------------------------------ (Separator line)
NTSC 16:9 (864x486)
PAL 16:9 (1024x576)
Full HD (1920x1080p)
Digital Cinema (2048×1536)
4K UHD (3840×2160)
- Again this should be implemented for both the KDE and Qt version of Marble
- Clicking one of the non-default entries should change the size policy for the MarbleWidget to Fixed, should set the size accordingly and should hence force the window-size accordingly. This should probably be implemented inside the src/apps/marble-ui/ControlView class as a dedicated method.
- Check how well this works especially for the 4K resolutions which will exceed the available space on the screen. Check how well "Edit->Copy Map" works. Check printing. Check performance.
- Clicking on the "Default (Resizable)" entry should restore the original size policy of the widget and should restore the previous window size.