Towards a Marble routing backend for cyclestreets.net
completed by: Mikhail Ivchenko
mentors: Torsten Rahn, Dennis Nienhüser
Marble is a virtual globe and world atlas — your Swiss army knife for maps. Find your way and explore the world!
We'd like to integrate cyclestreets.net as a routing backend in Marble.
- Register an API key at http://www.cyclestreets.net/api/apply/
- Have a look at the API at http://www.cyclestreets.net/api/journey/
- Write a basic routing plugin (possibly based on /plugins/runner/mapquest) which transforms a route request from Marble to an API call of cyclestreets and retrieves the data. There are a couple of similar routing backends (e.g. mapquest, openrouteservice, open-source-routing-machine) which can give you ideas
- Do not parse the returned data yet, this will be done in a later task
- There's no need for a configuration interface yet, this will be done in a later task
- The easiest way to reach Marble developers to help you is to visit the #marble IRC channel in freenode. Watch out for Earthwings