Marble: Blog about the current state of Python support
completed by: Benjamin Kaiser
mentors: Torsten Rahn, Dennis Nienhüser
Before you start this task you should have gained in-depth experience with Marble and Python.
You also should have aggregated your blog to
ideally also to
Create a new blog entry about developing applications using Python and Marble
- This blog entry should cover the current state of Python support in Marble
- It should mention how Marble has been used in combination with Python in engineering projects already: It should link to: https://conf.kde.org/system/attachments/1/original/Use_of_Marble_in_Engineering_Projects.pdf?1363178201 and http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/linux/kde/extrafiles/akademy/2013/videos/Oihane_Kamara_-_Use_of_Marble_in_Engineering_Projects.webm
- It should tell about how the situation of Python support has improved after the presentation given in the link above
- It should link to each ported tutorial (not a single link for all tutorials, but a link for each chapter of the tutorial). Maybe the code for the initial hello world example can be quoted in the blog as an example including the resulting screenshot.
- The blog entry should describe current limitations compared to the C++ API
- The blog entry should explain how we are going to improve Python support through better docs and future integration of Marble plugins written in Python
- The blog entry should ask for people to give feedback. And of course we need more people to get involved. :)