Show KML Tours in the Files view (GeoDataTreeModel)
completed by: Mikhail Ivchenko
mentors: Torsten Rahn, Dennis Nienhüser
Marble is a virtual globe and world atlas — your Swiss army knife for maps. Find your way and explore the world!
Marble supports the KML standard and can open .kml files. There is a Files panel that shows the outline (structure) of KML files. This task is about extending the outline to support showing Tours (the gx:Tour element).
- Download the KML tour complete_tour_example.kml
- Open the file in Marble (in Marble: File => Open)
- Open the Files panel in Marble (Settings => Panels => Files)
- Open the complete_tour_example.kml file in a text editor and have a look at its structure
- Notice that in Marble the placemarks contained in the "Points and polygons" folder are shown, but the children of the tour (playlist items) are not shown
- The easiest way to reach Marble developers to help you is to visit the #marble IRC channel in freenode. Watch out for Earthwings