System Status Web Application for Fedora using BASH and HTML5
completed by: Jasper Yu
mentors: Uditha Bandara Wijerathna
You need to write a script that generates a summary website to monitor a fedora system’s health as well as user and network access. The websites will show detailed information on various properties, services, activities, statuses, etc.
You need to create a script that automatically and regularly generates set of HTML files. The HTML files will need to contain up-to-date information such as:
- Server time (Hour and minute, day of week, full date)
- Uptime of server
- Disk space available
- Disk space used by users
- Users currently logged in
- Network statistics
- Processes running
- Top 10 CPU usage
- Top 10 Memory usage
- Latest error/warning messages
- Updates available?
- Vital system files changed? (e.g. password file)
- Other information of your choice...