Help writing parts for the new book on GNOME 3 Application Development in Chinese
completed by: Yid-hang Zinc
mentors: Tong Hui
Here is what we already finished: https://github.com/beijinggug/gnome3-app-book/
We want to write a book for GNOME 3 Applications Development in Chinese.
We chose the book "GNOME 3 Application Development Beginner's Guide" written by Mohammad Anwari. However it was written in 2012, and did not cover newer versions of GNOME / GTK. So we decided to base our book and his one, but port all code to GNOME 3.14, and import seed / gjs support for most of code examples.
- Chose at lease one chapter you want to contribute from Github link above. If you could cover two is better.
- Contact mentor (Tong Hui) to apply a copy of "GNOME 3 Application Development Beginner's Guide" written by Mohammad Anwari and original code examples.
- Reading the whole book, and then start translating the chapter which you chose.
- Try to port code example to GNOME 3.14, make it running well and good code styling.
- Finish at lease one chapter by the end of 30 days.
- Chinese Writing / Reading Skill (Simplified or Transitional both OK )
- English Reading skill
- Git and Github
- Vala / Seed / GJS / experience for GNOME/GTK applications development (optical)
- Latex (optical)
Note: At lease finish one chapters, more chapter more better.