Marble: Extend the OSM Tour to include balloon descriptions.
completed by: Mikhail Ivchenko
mentors: Dennis Nienhüser, Abhinav Gangwar, Torsten Rahn, Sanjiban Bairagya, shentey
Extend the bestofosm4.kml
Extending the bestofosm4.kml should be done fully using the Tour Panel. There should be no "manual" editing in the KML file being performed.
Please make the following changes:
- each of the first major FlyTo targets has got a named placemark associated and a balloon popping up.
- The placemark should have a meaningful name.
- The balloon's description text should consist of
- a bold heading
- a detailed two-sentence summary what the place is about. If the text is based on wikipedia then this needs to be mentioned in the credit line as described below.
- The text needs to be proof-read and should contain all required articles ("the", "a").
- a single locally stored picture. The copyright and license needs to be fitting our copyright/license requirements (e.g. use wikipedia). The image needs to fit nicely into the geometry of the balloon.
- a properly linked credit line for the image (which links to the wikipedia site where you got the image from). A click on the image should bring the reader to the site of origin.
- The credit line should consist of small italic text. If the image and the text are based on wikipedia there should be only a single line referring to both.
- At the bottom of the page before the credits section there should be a line. "Read more at <href ....>Wikipedia</href>"
- The wait durations need to be reasonably increased to allow at least for a quick glance at the balloons (not a pessimistically assumed slow reading time).