Marble: Extend your educational application
completed by: Sergey Popov
mentors: Dennis Nienhüser, Torsten Rahn
In this task the educational application that you created in http://www.google-melange.com/gci/task/view/google/gci2014/5844593258004480 should be extended like this:
- Launch Marble and change to the Schagen 1689 map.
- Enable the "Edit Map" Panel (Settings->Panels->Edit Map).
- Use "Add GroundOverlay" to place the image above on top of the black sea in the Schagen 1689 map. The place should match.
- Use "Add Polygon" to create the shape of a red arrow that points to the ground overlay that you've just created.
- Create a Placemark "Black Sea" in the middle of the Black sea.
- Save the map as a kml file with the name blacksea.kml
- Open the blacksea.kml file in the application that you've created in your previous task. Opening KML files works the same way as for OSM files. This is described here: https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/Runners/LoadingOSM
- Add a QCheckBox to your application. Change your code so that checking the checkbox should load the blacksea.kml file. Unchecking the checkbox should close it.