Mailing List: mailto:email@example.com
LibreOffice is the free power-packed Open Source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base.
The code repository is here: http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2011-libreoffice/, but of course the best is to check the LibreOffice git repositories.
- Convert the LibreOffice web help (wikihelp) to platform specific help files I would like to convert the existing xhp-helpfiles to wikisyntax using an existing script. I will create a program making helpfiles from the wikisyntax dynamically. These helpfiles shall be displayed on GNU, OSX and Windows running native software. With the use of my program every user will be able to read a fresh version of the LibreOffice help in the beauty of the graphical user interface of his or her chosen platform.
- Enhanced svg export filter The aim of this project is to enhance LibreOffice's svg export filter, for instance by supporting the possibility to create a svg from an Impress presentation: the exported svg document would contain multiple slides with support for slide navigation, transition effects, and other features.
- Implementing multi-line edit bar in Calc. Currently Libre office Calc's input bar is single lined accommodating very large cell contents horizontally. The aim of this project is to implement a multi-lined and re sizable text wrap feature in the existing input bar.
- Improve RTF Import (RTF Tokenizer) For the ooxml Word import filter, a new filter framework is developed that has better import quality as the old separate filters, and also shares quite some code. Having the RTF import use that framework would be hugely useful; both binary doc and rtf are very similar in structure, and could have tokenizers plugged into the filter framework. The doc tokenizer is already worked on, so a RTF tokenizer would be a an awesome feature - and this summer I would like to work on this.
- LibreOffice Draw Visio Import Filter LibreOffice Draw is a multi-purpose vector graphics tool widely considered an open source alternative to the commercial vector diagramming software Microsoft Visio. This project aims to create a Visio import filter for Draw such that major elements of Visio documents can be viewed and manipulated. Further, the Visio parser will be modularised and given an interface which can then be used by other vector-based graphics projects, benefiting the wider community.
- Performance Improvement of LibreOffice LibreOffice is a large project and there are many problematic sections where could be done size and speed savings. The aim of this project is to find and understand parts that may be done better way either by using better algorithms or technologies. I'd like to do some profiling with tools like KCachegrind to identify bottlenecks in the code and try to improve them.
- Wizards: Java to Python conversion This project aims to convert the Java wizard menus into Python. The reason is, basically, because the current wizards cause some nasty problems on machines with mis-configured, or not present, Java and of course it presents a serious performance challenge