Sahana Software Foundationbusiness
Mailing List: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sahana-maindev
The Mission of the Sahana Software Foundation is to help alleviate human suffering by giving emergency managers, disaster response professionals and communities access to the information that they need to better prepare for and respond to disasters through the development and promotion of free and open source software and open standards.
- Creating Installation process for Vesuvius Currently there isn't a proper installation process for Vesuvius. The user has to do all the steps manually by following the "INSTALL" file that is in the Vesuvius directory. By completing this project the main objective that can be accomplish is to have a proper installation process using the same technology that is used in Mayon.
- Pootle Re-Integration This project is aimed at cleaning up the translation methodology for Sahana-Agasti Vesuvius using Pootle. After the completion of the project, Pootle admins should be able to use a generated Pootle template to translate the Vesuvius UI into any language. The existing Resource Page system is to be integrated into the new methodology as well.
- RESTful Web Services Integration The Sahana Agasti project (the Mayon platform) has a scheme with lot of modules. Each module has other dependencies and they are connected with others, but we can build a way through web services to make available only a few desired entities of the scheme, so that another software can consume it (a different project, like Sahana Eden) in an easy way, with a simple HTTP request.
- Sahana Eden OCR Integration [Eden] This project aims to integrate the current standalone OCR module into the s3 framework where the forms could be generated as PDF and user could upload a scanned image and then get an interface where the scanned information is displayed on the screen along with the corresponding image counterparts for the manual verification. There will be two use cases, (1) bulk upload (manual verification will be done later ) and (2) upload and verify both at once, which will be incorporated into s3 framework.
- Save Search and Subscription [EDEN] The aim of this project is to enable users to save the searches they may make, revisit them and be able to subscribe them so that they are able to get notifications for updates in the searches that they made. The project can be divided into two parts - i) Save Searches, ii) Subscription The save searches part will deal with saving of searches and providing a UI for the user to review the saved searches. The subscription part deals with providing notifications to the users through email/twit
- Web Setup [Eden] This project creates a wizard for Sahana Eden, which helps in changing the modules’ status, content on the landing page, settings of database, mail server & languages etc. without getting into the real code or any Python file. This is done by creating a co-application in web2py for the Setup which would change a couple of files in Eden.