Mailing List: http://docbook.org/help
The DocBook Project is an open source project dedicated to supporting the DocBook XML standard. The DocBook Project develops tools (including XSL stylesheets and related tools), provides informal consulting through its mailing lists and IRC channel, and participates in the OASIS DocBook Technical Committee, which maintains the DocBook standard. The DocBook XML standard is widely used in both the open source and commercial communities, including many projects that participate in the Google Summer of Code. Users include Debian, MoinMoin, Red Hat, KDE, O'Reilly Media, and many others.
- DocBook Slides 5.0 Scientific works, like studies are usually accompanied with some slides presented on conferences, and the latest version of DocBook Slides is quite outdated. The outcome of this work shall help people to create not just articles and books but also presentations using modern DocBook tools. This application proposes porting the DocBook Slides schema to RELAX NG (currently, RELAX NG schema is provided but it is only generated from DTD) and adapting the new concepts introduced in DocBook 5.0, like simplified tags or XLink capabilities. Porting the stylesheets is also included among the objectives. The main goal for this summer is to provide full support for the S5 format and cover the rest of important formats as much as possible. The output shall be modern and highly customizable. Nowadays, presentations can have fancy features like visual or sound effects, embedded videos, etc. However, this work aims to implement only text-based presentations just like the old DocBook Slides schema did. Fancy extensions and effects do not fit into the scope and the time available. The result of this work would be an easy to learn schema for presentations and would reduce the gap between DocBook 5.0 and the current Slides version. In some cases, it would even be possible to include some common fragments into both type of documents.
- DocBook to Word XML roundtripping XSLs This project is aimed at developing XSL's for DocBook to Word XML roundtripping. It is expected to extend rountripping for later versions of Microsoft Word and implementing for Open Office.
- Support Output Suitable For Use On iOS And Android Devices This project expands output formats of DocBook into Android OS and iOS devices. The output formats take an input DocBook XML document and produce Android application or iOS application which can be installed. After installed, it can be used for browsing original DocBook document including features like collapsible table of contents, searchable index and full-text searching.
- WebHelp This project is about Webhelp which is a output format of Docbook. The main goal of this project is to develop more functionality to the project and to become it more user friendly manner.
- Webhelp WebHelp is a new addition to the DocBook output format list. It provides a modern CSS-based WebHelp format.The outcome of the project will be WebHelp with a improved feature set and enhanced usability.