MetaBrainz Foundation Inc.
License: GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2)
Mailing List: http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-develMusicBrainz, a community-maintained open source encyclopedia of music information, is currently the MetaBrainz Foundation's sole project. MusicBrainz was created in 2000 and has gathered a significant number of users who curate a large database of information about music. As an encyclopedia and as a community, MusicBrainz exists solely to collect as much information about music as we can. We do not discriminate or prefer one "type" of music over another though, in fact we collect information about as many different types of music as possible. Whether it is published/unpublished, popular/fringe, western/non-western, human/non-human - we want it all to be entered into MusicBrainz.
- A new website for Picard and its plugins. Give Picard a new website that will be used to host everything Picard related especially its plugins. Also add an interface which can be used to download those plugins right from picard.
- Finishing and deploying CritiqueBrainz Last year Maciej Czerwiński started work on repository for Creative Commons-licensed reviews - CritiqueBrainz project. He implemented core functionality: storage, API, and web interface. During Google Summer of Code 2014 I'd like to continue his work, finish and deploy the project.
- MB UI TLC Spend some major TLC on all the templates and UI of MB.
- MBS-6201: Add an "event" entity Finalising the basic implementation of MBS-799 by adding an event entity to MusicBrainz.
- Move MusicBrainz Search to SOLR The goal of this project is to move the MusicBrainz Search server to use SOLR for faster and in-place index updates.