Mixxx DJ Software
License: GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2)
Web Page: http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/gsoc2014ideas
Mailing List: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mixxx-devel
Mixxx is the most popular free DJ software in the world. Mixxx began as one of the earliest MP3 DJ solutions and as a result has attracted millions of users worldwide. Our mission is to provide these users with a beautiful, intuitive DJ mixer with features that rival and lead proprietary commercial solutions such as Traktor, Serato, and Virtual DJ.
As a contributor to the Mixxx project you will:
- Write code that is used by millions of professional DJs worldwide.
- Learn the tricks of trade in cross-platform deployment -- your feature will ship to users on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Learn about how to write performance-optimized code where microseconds make a difference.
- Work with a quirky team of hackers, DJs and artists.
Working on Mixxx is a great way to get involved in open-source, learn valuable skills that look great on a resume, and have a fun time doing it.
- Mixxx GSoC Advice for Students
- Mixxx 2014 Project Ideas
- Mixxx Website
- Mixxx Blog
- Mixxx Wiki
- Mixxx Forums
- Cover Art Support It's true that people find it easier to remember images than text. Therefore, the association of images with tracks is always a factor that greatly improves the searches. Most of other softwares already have this feature, so that's time to see Mixxx displaying covers.
- Extending the Effects Engine Currently, Mixxx lacks a couple of effects such as Phaser, Brake Gater or Vocal Cut whereas other major DJ Mixing products already provide similar effects. This project aims at implementing some effects and also change the back end to support a new class of effects. These new features are going to boost Mixxx's visibility.