The Perl Foundation
License: Academic Free License 3.0 (AFL 3.0)
Mailing List: https://groups.google.com/group/tpf-gsocThe Perl Foundation is dedicated to the advancement of the Perl programming language through open discussion, collaboration, design, and code. It coordinates the efforts of numerous grass-roots Perl-based groups, including: International Yet Another Perl Conferences; Carries the legal responsibility for Perl 5 and Perl 6; perl.org; Perl Mongers; PerlMonks.
- A JIT compiler for MoarVM MoarVM is the next-generation virtual machine designed specially for running NQP and perl6. I want to create a JIT compiler that will make execution much more efficient and will make perl6 execution competitive.
- Functionalities enhancements and developing of new features for G@H This proposal is focused about the growth of the Google at Home project, the goal is to develop some useful features that can make it ready to reach the production status and usability. This requires writing: the RPC interface to the master node using JSON::RPC and JSON::RPC::Server, the web interface structure using the Mojolicious framework, the SQLite parser backend using DBIx::Class and the nodes network autoconfiguration (that leverage the SQLite backend).
- LWP and HTTP modules with SSL support Perl 6 needs LWP (with SSL support) because the same modules in Perl 5 are among the most commonly used, making Perl 6 able to connect to web services is a prerequisite to wider adoption.
- MetaCPAN: Web of Trust and Bug fixes+API Documentation MetaCPAN is a free, open web service which helps in retrieving data about CPAN modules, distributions, favorites and CPAN authors. This project aims at improving MetaCPAN by minor bug fixing, all of which will cause a drastic improvement in the quality of search and user experience.
- Parrot - Improve Performance of Method Signatures Over the past few years Parrot has become slower. One of the identified reasons are several de-optimizations which simplified and harmonized the method calling code, esp. the signature handling. My aim is to improve the implementation of the PCC, the parrot calling convention and optimize the run-time, while keeping the external API compliant to the users of the VM.