License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
Mailing List: http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/soc-coordination
The Debian Project is an association of individuals who have made common cause to create a free operating system. The Debian Project was founded in 1993 by Ian Murdock to be a truly free community project. Since then the project has grown to be one of the largest and most influential open source projects. Thousands of volunteers from all over the world work together to create and maintain Debian software. Available in 70 languages, and supporting a huge range of computer types, Debian calls itself the "universal operating system".
- Add new checkers in Debile Debile is a platform which aims to provide a generic rebuild platform. Normal build, custom builds (clang based) or static analyzers (coccinelle, scan-build, etc) are managed through this infrastructure. The idea of this project is to plug additional checkers (static analyzers, dynamic, etc) to the Debile infrastructure.
- Android tools in Debian The project aims at creating Debian packages for entire Android Toolchain and SDK as well as update existing packages to latest upstream source. This will help Debian users to do Android development using easy-to-use packages.
- Android Tools in Debian The goal of this project is to bring the entire Android SDK toolchain into Debian's software repository, allowing Android developers work more conveniently on Debian or Debian-derived Linux distros. Currently only a few tools of Android SDK are in Debian's software repository, I will update them to the latest upstream version as well.
- Archive built with asan The link of the proposal is given below as per instruction:
- Automated configuration of packaged web applications The project goal is to create a tool that will be able to install and configure Web applications. The user will interact with the tool through a web application to allow the use of such functionalities. We will have a backend that will receive the information provided by the user, so getting installed and configured application. Soon say goodbye to complicated settings! This would help many people mainly the responsible for the systems infrastructure.
- Blends Web Sentinel In DebianPureBlends one key feature is the so called web sentinel which features several parts like so called tasks pages (example from Debian Science), bugs pages (example from Debian Med), a thermometer (example from Debian GIS) and there might be other interesting features to be invented. The web sentinel is in principle based on data obtained from UltimateDebianDatabase but this is not yet consistently implemented and needs a partly or fully rewrite of the tools.
- Bootable Clang-Built Debian Rebuilding Debian with clang has been going on for some time. The latest result on clang.debian.net shows that 22229 packages have been rebuild and only 1307 (5.9 %) failed. But there are many key packages which are essential for booting Debian in the 5.9%. My work in this project is fixing these key packages to produce a minimal bootable clang-built Debian.
- Debsources as a platform Refactor the current Debsources to use new flask abstractions and develop two web applications that will serve as a license and patch tracker. The architecture will become asynchronous.
- Debsources as a platform Improve Debsources to make it more scalable, and turn it into a platform that novel applications will be able to use as a backend.
- Developer Horizon Developer Horizon or Developer Dashboard will be an Online Task and Event management system for Developers/Users that can be used along with FB,Google,Github etc to keep track of everything in one place with some beautiful User Interface written in Flask-Python With Support for iCalendar format.
- Improve Debian reproducible builds The updated proposal can be found in the Debian wiki
- Improve one of the Debian MIPS ports (mips, mipsel, mips64el) Ports of Debian on mips/mipsel/mips64el has been implemented for some time. However, many of the packages which could previously pass compilation can no longer pass. Also, some of the recently uploaded packages cannot pass compilation either.
- Improve one of the Debian MIPS ports (mips, mipsel, mips64el) The objective of this project is to rebuild and fix the abnormal packages of one of the Debian port for mips/mipsel/mips64el. The port will be chose during the project, considering which one the mentor and the community consider that is more important to Debian.
- Project Proposal for Debian Apport Apport is a tool for detecting and reporting program crashes. In Debian, we would like to see Apport play flexible roles. In this project, we will improve its GUI, integrate it with Reportbug and Debian BST, and add offline support. Meanwhile, we will use smart ways to identify if candidate bug reports has been reported, fetch related reports and display them to users, aiming to make bug reporting and bug fixing more efficient and more user-friendly
- Work for Move forward reproducible builds I am Venezuelan student currently finishing the first year of my Masters in Bioinformatics at Lund University in Sweden. This project will empower users by giving them more control over what they install. This means that the users has the ability to check easily for themselves that the software they want to use has not been tampered with by verifying that it corresponds byte by byte to the known source code.